Hardwood Floor Drying in Renton
We Strive to Salvage Your Hardwood Floors
Water-damaged wood flooring is one of the most difficult and complicated materials to dry. The process requires extensive experience, the right tools, and good judgment. Because of the porous nature of wood, water absorbs through the flooring, and if left untreated, can cause extensive damage.
You should take action if you notice the following:
- Warped wood flooring
- Cupped or buckled flooring
- Other severe wood damage
At AWR Restoration & Cleaning, all of our technicians undergo extensive training and stay up to date on the latest tools and systems for hardwood floor drying in Renton. We work quickly and provide effective services that will resolve the problem.
The Importance of Hardwood Floor Drying
Water-damaged hardwood flooring can lead to two major issues: Permanent structural damage and mold growth. Our team strives to mitigate and avoid these problems.
Wood floors left to dry on their own can wreak havoc on your property. Flooding or water damage can occur unexpectedly. With wood particularly vulnerable to water, time is not on your side. It’s imperative you take quick steps to mitigate the damage.
Steps you can take to dry your hard wood floors:
- Move all your furniture and rug from the affected area
- Vacuum to remove the excess water
- Scrub the area using a non-sudsy disinfectant
- Use a dehumidifier in the room for 24 hours
- Set up a fan at full blast to help dry the area
- Call the professionals to restore the rest
How We Dry Hardwood Floors
While hardwood floor drying seems like an easy task, it’s best left to the professionals. In order to properly dry a hardwood floor, a technician must take great care and remain perceptive to the severity of the damage. Our hardwood floor-drying technicians are detail oriented and take the time to carefully inspect every portion of the flooring.
- Determine if the flooring can be salvaged. Solid hardwood floors that have cupped but are not completely buckled can likely be restored.
- Remove the bulk moisture. Standing water should be removed as fast as possible to avoid further absorption.
- Set up vacuum panels. We install temporary, state-of-the-art floor restoration panels over the wet hardwood flooring and apply powerful negative pressure. This device pulls warm, dry air out from under the floor through the flutes in the wood.
Call AWR Restoration & Cleaning Now
With over 30 years of experience in water damage restoration, our team knows how to properly dry wood floors to salvage them and ensure a safe, healthy space. We serve businesses and homeowners alike, delivering expert workmanship that is personalized to each unique case.
Discuss your hardwood floor damage with our team by calling (206) 823-2252.
Very happy with the work that the team did.- Roycee H.
I never knew such a company existed but they were our saving grace when we found an open sewer line leaking into our crawl space.- Cara S.
I called and they were on site within the hour, yes even at 4:00 am.- David S.
I called Advanced and they came right out. They surveyed what was damaged and even helped me file a claim with my insurance company.- Gail B.
I would recommend Advanced Water Restoration to anyone.- Kelly K.