Living in the Northwest presents a host of problems that other regions don’t have to deal with – most notably, our heavy rainfall. With inclement weather and the continued use of aging appliances, there are plenty of ways water damage can occur in your home or commercial building.
If your property has suffered water damage, don’t wait until the last minute to address it. Damage caused by water is progressive, so what might be a small issue at hour one can turn into major damage by hour 48. When time is of the essence, you want the best – you want AWR Restoration & Cleaning.
Restoration Services We Offer in Renton
At AWR Restoration & Cleaning, we offer a wide range of restoration services to ensure that damage to your home is addressed and repaired properly.
Our restoration services in Renton include:
- Emergency board-ups
- Water extraction
- Structural drying
- Mold remediation & removal
- Mold testing
- Hardwood floor drying
- Fire restoration
- Sewer overflow cleanup
- Bio-hazard/trauma cleanup
- Asbestos removal
- Crawl space/basement dry-outs
- Sprinkler system flood restoration
- Restoration service repairs
- Direct insurance billing
Types of Water Damage
Water damage comes in four classes in our line of work. The sooner you call, the sooner we can work to mitigate the damage.
Water damage can be classified as:
- Class 1 water damage: With a minimum absorption, slow rate, and small affected area, this type of damage is relatively minor. However, you should still give us a call as soon as you notice the damage to prevent it from elevating to a class 2.
- Class 2 water damage: You have up to 24 inches of water on the floors and you can walk in it. We’ve got the skills to get the water out and dry your floors. By this time, it’s imperative we fix the source of the leak and determine whether or not damage has occurred to the foundation.
- Class 3 water damage: Water is typically pouring in from above and has affected all areas of the home or business. We’ve seen it all, and we know how to help.
- Class 4 water damage: This is reserved for special drying situations. We’ll work tirelessly to reduce the humidity in your space and make sure that every bit of water is removed.
What to Do in the Event of Water Damage
Do you suspect or notice water damage in your home? Regardless of the severity of the damage, it’s important to stay calm and call the professionals at AWR Restoration & Cleaning as soon as possible. While we make our way to you, here are some steps you can take after experiencing water damage.
We also recommend that you:
- Make sure the water source is turned off. This will help contain the damage.
- Turn off the breaker in the damaged area before you unplug or remove any electrical devices located on anything wet.
- Place aluminum foil under the legs of any furniture that is in contact with wet carpet. This might help prevent furniture stains on your carpet.
- Lift draperies away from the wet carpet.
- Pin up upholstered furniture skirts that may get wet.
- Remove books, shoes, paper goods, fabrics, potted plants, and other items that may stain wet carpet.
Why Choose AWR Restoration & Cleaning?
Although you might be tempted to use a shop vacuum or call a company to help with surface cleaning, you should consider that water will wick up walls and travel under base molding and sill plates. It will penetrate through floor coverings into sub-floors, even causing damage to rooms below. The damage can be far more extensive than you realize.
That’s why it’s vital that you call a team with comprehensive water damage restoration service experience in Renton. At AWR Restoration & Cleaning, we pay close attention to detail every step of the way, from the initial inspection to the final repair.