If you have an older home in the greater Seattle area, you may need asbestos testing and removal. Call AWR Restoration & Cleaning at (206) 823-2252 or fill out an online contact form, and we’ll take care of it for you.
Asbestos is a hazardous material that can cause serious health risks if not handled and removed properly. Understanding the importance of asbestos testing is crucial for maintaining a safe living or working environment. At AWR Restoration & Cleaning, we are certified and trained in the safe removal of asbestos from your home or business. Our team of experts will inspect your property for asbestos and provide you with a comprehensive report detailing the extent of the contamination. We will then provide you with a detailed plan for the removal and disposal of the asbestos.
When Should You Consider Asbestos Testing
To maintain a safe environment, consider asbestos testing in the following situations:
- Renovations: Test if your pre-1980s building is undergoing remodeling.
- Suspicious Materials: Damaged or known asbestos-containing materials require testing.
- Property Transactions: Conduct testing before buying/selling pre-1980s properties.
- Routine Inspections: Regularly check older buildings for potential asbestos materials.
- Suspected Release: Test if asbestos fibers may have been released due to damage or disturbance.
Consult our asbestos professionals to accurately assess risks and determine if testing is needed in your situation.
Asbestos Testing Process
The asbestos testing process involves several key steps to ensure accurate identification and assessment. Here's an overview:
- Hiring a Professional: Engage a certified asbestos testing company or a qualified asbestos inspector with expertise in sample collection and analysis.
- Site Inspection: The professional will conduct a thorough visual inspection of the property, identifying potential asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) and assessing their condition.
- Sample Collection: If suspected ACMs are found, the inspector will carefully collect representative samples following established protocols. They will take precautions to minimize fiber release during the sampling process.
- Laboratory Analysis: The collected samples are sent to an accredited laboratory for analysis. The laboratory uses specialized techniques, such as Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM) or Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM), to determine the presence and concentration of asbestos fibers.
- Reporting of Results: Once the laboratory analysis is complete, the asbestos testing company provides a detailed report that includes the identification of asbestos-containing materials, fiber type, and concentration levels if asbestos is detected.
- Recommendations and Risk Assessment: Based on the results, the asbestos testing company may provide recommendations for proper management, remediation, or abatement measures to minimize the risk of asbestos exposure.
Remember, asbestos testing should always be carried out by trained professionals to ensure accurate results and adherence to safety guidelines.
Contact Our Asbestos Testers
We understand that asbestos removal can be a daunting task and we are here to make the process as stress-free as possible. We use state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to ensure that the job is done safely and efficiently. We are also committed to providing our customers with the highest level of customer service.
At AWR Restoration & Cleaning, we understand the importance of asbestos abatement and removal. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the highest quality services and ensuring their safety. Contact us today for more information on our asbestos removal services.
Call AWR Restoration & Cleaning at (206) 823-2252 or fill out an online contact form, and we’ll test your asbestos for you.